In today’s coaching session, I’m working with Cora, a pet business owner who sometimes struggles with occasional bouts of depression and anxiety. When it hits her, it causes her to suffer – and her business to suffer.
When she’s not experiencing depression and anxiety her energy level is high, her response time to clients is quick, and she’s able to bill clients in a prompt manner as well as other necessary business tasks.
When she’s going through a challenging time, things look very different: it can take her a week or two to return client calls, it can be like slogging through quicksand to bill her clients in a timely manner and she has very little energy to run her business.
She feels physically and mentally stopped.
Now, you know this (but I have to say this to protect myself and to protect you listeners): I’m not a therapist nor a medical doctor. I’m a business and life coach.
If you are suffering from depression or anxiety, please see a medical professional.
In today’s coaching session I’m not trying to diagnose Cora, nor cure her anxiety or depression. I can’t do that nor would attempt to do that.
I am simply having a conversation with Cora about depression and anxiety and how it impacts her business and her life. I’m not trying to fix Cora’s depression or anxiety but rather to help her navigate her business during this time.
Again, if you’re struggling with depression or anxiety, please get help from a medical professional.
I want to say a huge thank you to Cora for having the courage to come on this podcast and be a voice for those of you who suffer from depression and anxiety and are also trying to run your business, raise your kids, and/or navigate your personal and work life.
Even if you don’t experience depression and anxiety, you may know someone who does, and this episode may help you feel more empathy and compassion for this often silent illness that can be crippling in ways that cannot be seen.
Click to listen to Dealing with Depression and Anxiety as a Pet Business Owner.
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- Click to get your 15-minute limited-time offer on books, start-up kits, hiring kits, employee handbook, forms, and more!
- Click to find out more about the monthly pet business webinars.
- Schedule a private pet business coaching session with Kristin Morrison.
- Click to apply to be coached by Kristin on the Prosperous Pet Business podcast.
- Schedule an in-person VIP Pet Business Coaching Day in Hawaii or California.
- Click for FREE pet business resources to help you start or grow your pet business
- Connect with Kristin Morrison on Instagram.